Show Gratitude for Your Advisors
April is Advisor Appreciation Month, a time to acknowledge anyone who has been a mentor, advisor or support system in our lives. Whether they are alumnae, CAB, NLT or a friendly face, these advisors are essential in helping us succeed.
Each day, we encounter situations that challenge us. Whether it’s in Kappa Delta or in our personal lives, our advisors are there through it all. They play a vital role in ensuring our growth and that of our chapters and national Kappa Delta. They spend countless hours of their time attending chapter meetings, helping us plan events and fixing the mistakes we all make from time to time. Here are a few ways we can show our appreciation for all they do:
- Introduce yourself: If you haven’t had the chance to meet your advisor, introduce yourself! The more conversations you have, the more you will learn that your advisors were once just like you.
- Just say thanks: A simple thank you can make anyone’s day. Next time you see your advisor, simply say thank you for everything she does for you and your chapter.
- Honor her with a rose: The White Rose Garden is a perfect way to show your appreciation. Honor your advisor by purchasing a virtual white, gold or diamond rose in her name. Include a personalized message expressing your appreciation.
- Write a thank you letter: Who doesn’t love snail mail? Encourage your chapter to come together and write thank you notes reminiscing on all their favorite memories with your advisor. You can even make it a sisterhood event.
- Treat her to coffee: Reach out to your advisor and invite her to go out for coffee. Great conversations can happen over a cup of joe.
Whether you have a close relationship with your advisor or not, it’s important to let her know how appreciated she is! Even the smallest gesture can make a huge difference. And, to all the advisors who don’t hear it enough, we want to say THANK YOU!
Catherine Wylie, Zeta Omega-Memphis
Kappa Delta Communications Intern