Evolution of the Christmas Seals
One of Kappa Delta’s longest-standing traditions, the Christmas seals are a unique program beloved by KDs since 1925. At their inception, the Christmas seals served as a fundraiser for our then only national philanthropy, the Children’s Hospital of Richmond, Virginia. At that time, the seals cost one penny each. Since 1928, every seal has been designed by a Kappa Delta sister or family member of a Kappa Delta.
Today, funds raised through the Christmas seals support the leadership, educational and philanthropic initiatives of Kappa Delta. To make sure you receive your seals every year, please make your annual donation by Oct. 1.
How do I submit a design?
To submit your design, follow the guidelines below. You may submit as many designs as you like. Submissions are due by May 15 to email@example.com.
- Your submissions should be four-inches by five-inches.
- Artwork should be digital; usually two to three colors, e.g., red and green, green and black, etc.
- Artwork must be submitted in one of the following vector formats:
- .eps – encapsulated postscript
- .ai – adobe illustrator
- .svg – scalable vector graphic