Kappa Delta’s National Headquarters is operated by an executive director and a professional staff numbering over 30. We work together with volunteers to carry out the mission of the organization. Staff offers support and guidance to our collegiate and alumnae chapters, develops programming, maintains the financial records of the business, plans national events, raises funds for grants and scholarships and more. Join our team as we build confidence and inspire action in women of all ages.
Click on a tab below for more information on open positions.
Title: Chapter Services Coordinator
Date: Accept year-round
Supervisor: Associate Director of Chapter Services
Status: Full-Time Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: As part of the dynamic Chapter Services team, the CSC is responsible for the day-to-day operations and supervision of about 30 collegiate chapters including specifically working with chapter presidents and chapter advisory boards. The CSC works with division leadership teams, chapter and Greek/university advisors and will also have chapter educational programming and department responsibilities.
The chapter services coordinator is a position that works out of Kappa Delta Sorority National Headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. The position requires flexibility as the schedule requires travel for chapter visits and as needs arise and national representation is requested. She works directly with chapter operations and the training of the leadership development consultants. This individual should be able to work collectively as a team within the chapter services department. The chapter services coordinator must have strong interpersonal skills and understand chapter management procedures. The CSC must have a flexible schedule as this position requires occasional travel and occasional extended hours outside of regular business hours. Proficiency in regular business software like Microsoft Word and Excel is needed as well as email, social networking and texting technologies. The CSC will report to the chapter services manager and work closely with the executive director, national vice president-collegians and national leadership team volunteers.
- An undergraduate degree
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are needed as are good presentation and training/teaching skills.
- Experience in public speaking
- Good time management skills
- Cultivate superior campus prestige by stressing leadership, academic excellence and participation in a variety of campus activities
- Coordinate efforts with the divisional national leadership teams and the national vice president-collegians
- Assist chapter advisory board with any questions and issues that arise
- Create and maintain positive and productive relationship with chapter officers and advise them on proper procedure and policy
- Compile chapter delinquencies in designated areas
- Maintain chapter member and chapter officer records
- Communicate weekly (or more often if necessary) with chapter officers regarding chapter status
- Handle situations according to our policies and procedures while fact finding when situations arise
- Respond to inquiries from campus personnel
- Provide reports on chapters to the NLT and NC as needed and in accordance with set deadlines
- Give special permissions for the following:
- Hold an election to fill a vacancy in the chapter council
- Elect someone not from the current council as president
- Repledge a woman who failed to fulfill all requirements for initiation during her first new member period
- Change the scheduling of Second or Third Degree from the requirements of the new member education program
- Set scholastic requirements for pledging lower than the national requirements
- To choose not to affiliate a transfer member
- To hold a chapter overnight retreat
- To allow a council member to live out of the chapter facility
- Monitor chapter operations and information through the receipt of chapter reports through the Nautilus Network
- Must have a thorough understanding of all Kappa Delta policies and procedures
- Compile, copy and distribute annual chapter grades
- Compile and collate national officer annual reports
- Complete any tasks designated by the executive director
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events and programming as directed
- Presentations and coordination as needed
- Serve as on-site staff
- Convention (late June)
- NCTA (February)
- Chapter and conference travel as determined by the executive director (throughout year)
- Campus visits as requested by administration or as chapter needs arise
Please note: Job responsibilities and tasks are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the supervisor or executive director.
For consideration, please submit both of the following:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, why you are interested in the position and your available start date.
Please email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Your Name – CSC Position” in the email subject line.
We are always accepting applications for this position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.