Kappa Delta’s National Headquarters is operated by an executive director and a professional staff numbering over 30. We work together with volunteers to carry out the mission of the organization. Staff offers support and guidance to our collegiate and alumnae chapters, develops programming, maintains the financial records of the business, plans national events, raises funds for grants and scholarships and more. Join our team as we build confidence and inspire action in women of all ages.
Click on a tab below for more information on open positions.
Title: Chapter Housing Coordinator
Date: April 2018
Supervisor: Director of Chapter Housing
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Job Summary: A member of the Chapter Housing Department, the chapter housing coordinator works at Kappa Delta National Headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee, and reports to the director of chapter housing. S/he is responsible for assisting in all aspects of Kappa Delta chapter housing, including volunteer oversight and support, chapter services support, training, resource development and communication. The chapter housing coordinator ensures the success of chapter housing by providing resources and information to Kappa Delta volunteers, working with other headquarters staff to help collegiate chapters and house corporations maintain safe, secure and competitive facilities. S/he also travels to visit chapter facilities, meet with Kappa Delta staff and attend conferences and training as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy and quality
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage competing demands for time
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships at all levels and to interact professionally with volunteers, collegians, alumnae, vendors and partners
- Some travel required
Essential duties or functions:
Housing Management and Support
- Serve as point of contact for collegiate house managers
- Create and maintain job description for collegiate house managers
- Develop collegiate house manager resources
- Facilitate collegiate house manager training
- Partner with the Chapter Services Department and Sorority Growth & Enhancement Department to support chapters with house management
New Chapter Housing
- Oversee operations at new chapters with university-owned facilities, within Division 19
- Provide timely, helpful direction and feedback to housing volunteers and collegiate officers
- Participate in division conversations and decision-making
- Assist with other housing projects for new chapters
- Assemble KD Leader and NLT newsletter articles into Word document format
- Research and compile relevant topics for the KD Leader
- Track email and newsletter publications on communications calendar
- Maintain housing resources in the Resource Library
Conferences, Training and Resources
- Develop training and educational programs for conferences
- Administer assessments of conferences and trainings
- Assist in coordinating logistics for conferences and training
- Communicate event details with national and local housing volunteers
- Assist in developing resources to support national and local housing volunteers
Housing Resource Specialist Support
- Compile and distribute minutes for HRS quarterly calls
- Format and administer end-of-year HRS assessment
- Review and compile data for the Chapter Housing Committee report; analyze data points to help accomplish department goals
- Assist with house corporation recruitment efforts
- Organize and maintain department documents
- Maintain list of recommended vendors and partners
- Research and input data points for housing projects
- Research and collect house corporation data
- Provide administrative support for the director of chapter housing
Please note: Job responsibilities and tasks are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the direction of the supervisor or executive director.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, why you are interested in the position and your available start date
- Completed application for employment
Please email documents to email@example.com and put “Your Name – Chapter Housing Coordinator” in the email subject line.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Title: Chapter Services Coordinator
Date: Accept year-round
Supervisor: Associate Director of Chapter Services
Status: Full-Time Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: As part of the dynamic Chapter Services team, the CSC is responsible for the day-to-day operations and supervision of about 30 collegiate chapters including specifically working with chapter presidents and chapter advisory boards. The CSC works with division leadership teams, chapter and Greek/university advisors and will also have chapter educational programming and department responsibilities.
The chapter services coordinator is a position that works out of Kappa Delta Sorority National Headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee. The position requires flexibility as the schedule requires travel for chapter visits and as needs arise and national representation is requested. She works directly with chapter operations and the training of the leadership development consultants. This individual should be able to work collectively as a team within the chapter services department. The chapter services coordinator must have strong interpersonal skills and understand chapter management procedures. The CSC must have a flexible schedule as this position requires occasional travel and occasional extended hours outside of regular business hours. Proficiency in regular business software like Microsoft Word and Excel is needed as well as email, social networking and texting technologies. The CSC will report to the chapter services manager and work closely with the executive director, national vice president-collegians and national leadership team volunteers.
- An undergraduate degree
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are needed as are good presentation and training/teaching skills.
- Experience in public speaking
- Good time management skills
- Cultivate superior campus prestige by stressing leadership, academic excellence and participation in a variety of campus activities
- Coordinate efforts with the divisional national leadership teams and the national vice president-collegians
- Assist chapter advisory board with any questions and issues that arise
- Create and maintain positive and productive relationship with chapter officers and advise them on proper procedure and policy
- Compile chapter delinquencies in designated areas
- Maintain chapter member and chapter officer records
- Communicate weekly (or more often if necessary) with chapter officers regarding chapter status
- Handle situations according to our policies and procedures while fact finding when situations arise
- Respond to inquiries from campus personnel
- Provide reports on chapters to the NLT and NC as needed and in accordance with set deadlines
- Give special permissions for the following:
- Hold an election to fill a vacancy in the chapter council
- Elect someone not from the current council as president
- Repledge a woman who failed to fulfill all requirements for initiation during her first new member period
- Change the scheduling of Second or Third Degree from the requirements of the new member education program
- Set scholastic requirements for pledging lower than the national requirements
- To choose not to affiliate a transfer member
- To hold a chapter overnight retreat
- To allow a council member to live out of the chapter facility
- Monitor chapter operations and information through the receipt of chapter reports through the Nautilus Network
- Must have a thorough understanding of all Kappa Delta policies and procedures
- Compile, copy and distribute annual chapter grades
- Compile and collate national officer annual reports
- Complete any tasks designated by the executive director
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events and programming as directed
- Presentations and coordination as needed
- Serve as on-site staff
- Convention (late June)
- NCTA (February)
- Chapter and conference travel as determined by the executive director (throughout year)
- Campus visits as requested by administration or as chapter needs arise
Please note: Job responsibilities and tasks are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the discretion of the supervisor or executive director.
For consideration, please submit both of the following:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, why you are interested in the position and your available start date.
- Completed application for employment
Please email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Your Name – CSC Position” in the email subject line.
We are always accepting applications for this position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.