Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute
Hosted by the North-American Interfraternity Conference Foundation (NICF), the Undergraduate Interfraternity Institute (UIFI) is an annual five-day institute that brings together sorority women and fraternity men from across the country to create opportunities to explore, define, and improve their leadership skills, personal awareness, and commitment to their fraternity or sorority. UIFI provides the skills to improve leadership abilities and, therefore, positively affects the student’s chapter, council and greater community.
Each year, the Kappa Delta Foundation selects six Kappa Delta collegians to support at UIFI. The foundation covers the registration fee, which includes lodging and meals for the duration of the institute. Recipients are responsible for their own travel expenses. The foundation will only support the registration fee if the recipient registers for their session by April 24, 2015, at the early-bird rate.
Applicants must submit an application and recommendation to the foundation and register for a session with NICF following the schedule below:
- April 1: Application and recommendation due to KD
- April 10: Recipients are notified and will have two weeks to register for UIFI
- April 24: Deadline to register for UIFI
- May-July: Recipients may choose to attend one of 11 sessions offered between May and July
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Be active in chapter leadership and/or Panhellenic
- Obtain an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- Receive a strong recommendation letter from their chapter president (or CAB member)
- Be involved in at least one collegiate non-KD activity
Click here to apply.
Click here for the recommendation to send to your chapter president or CAB member.
Browse the UIFI website for more information and session dates.
Contact Katie Boyd, project coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.