The KD Foundation Makes a Difference
The Mission of Kappa Delta Foundation:
"The mission of the Kappa Delta Foundation, Inc. is to secure funds for the educational, leadership and charitable purposes of Kappa Delta Sorority."
With the generous support of Kappa Deltas across the country, the Kappa Delta Foundation makes a difference in the lives of its members and in the lives of those less fortunate. Contributions from alumnae, collegians and friends of Kappa Delta enable the foundation to further its philanthropic efforts, providing support for the sorority’s four national philanthropies, numerous local community outreach programs, as well as fund scholarships and educational opportunities for KD members.
Your support to the Kappa Delta Foundation make possible:
- Kappa Delta Scholarships. The foundation awards over $120,000 in graduate and undergraduate scholarships to Kappa Delta sisters each year.
- Leadership Conferences. With at least two national leadership seminars each biennium, the Kappa Delta Foundation offers members a host of opportunities to learn leadership and interpersonal skills that help them become their best in college and beyond.
- Golden Circle. Kappa Delta's Golden Circle is comprised of those collegiate chapters who have donated to the foundation. To show the foundation's appreciation and encourage annual donations, the foundation gives a Golden Circle necklace to each collegiate new member.
- KiDs Grants. Each year, the foundation awards $25,000 in KiDs Grants to Kappa Delta alumna and alumnae chapters to provide financial support for prevention-oriented social action programs in their local community.
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum Interns. In honor of one of its most notable alumnae, the foundation provides funding for Kappa Delta interns for the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum’s Art and Leadership Program for Girls.
- Prevent Child Abuse America. Since adopting Prevent Child Abuse America as a national philanthropy in 1972, Kappa Delta members have raised over $10.6 million to make a difference in the lives of children at risk in communities across the country.
- Girl Scouts of the USA. Not only do collegians and alumnae across the country serve as mentors, volunteers, and troop leaders for Girl Scouts, but the Kappa Delta Foundation contributes $10,000 in scholarships each year to the Girl Scout Gold Award Young Women of Distinction.
- Orthopaedic Research Awards. Donations to the foundation enable Kappa Delta to endow three prestigious orthopaedic research awards totaling $60,000 annually and $1.7 million to date.
- Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Since adopting the hospital as its first national philanthropy in 1921, Kappa Delta has provided over $2.2 million, enabling the hospital to purchase much-needed equipment and supplies.
- Leadership Development Consultants. The foundation is proud to support part of the LDC program.
Giving back to Kappa Delta Foundation is easier than ever with our online donation form. For more information, please contact the foundation at email@example.com or (901) 748-1897, ext. 203.