Graphic design major? Aspiring artist? Enjoy doodling? Kappa Delta Foundation is requesting your ideas for the annual Christmas Seal design contest.
Established in 1925, Kappa Delta’s one-of-a-kind Christmas seal program raises funds for the national philanthropies it supports. Each year, alumnae receive Christmas seals designed by a Kappa Delta sister. The designer of the 2014 Christmas Seal is Jordan Coggins, Sigma Mu-George Washington.
This year’s wreath design was created by collegian Jordan Coggins, a rising senior at George Washington University majoring in English. She has been on the Dean’s list since beginning college and spent her junior year studying abroad at the University of Oxford in England. A member of the Alpha class of the Sigma Mu chapter of Kappa Delta, Jordan has held the position of Academic Excellence Chair and SET leader. On campus she is an assistant editor for the GW Review, a literary journal, and also leads an alternative spring break to New Orleans, La. to work with children and build homes.
Once the Christmas seals arrive, Kappa Deltas make their tax-deductible donations to the Kappa Delta Foundation. The foundation supports educational, leadership and charitable initiatives for our members.
Interested in submitting your original design? Follow these guidelines:
- Original idea and simple design.
- Your submissions should be 4 inches by 5 inches.
- Artwork should be digital; usually two colors (red & green, green & black, etc.).
- Artwork must be in one of the following vector style formats
You may submit as many designs as you desire.
Entries should be received no later than May 1, 2016.
- .eps - encapsulated postscript
- .ai - adobe illustrator
- .svg - scalable vector graphics
- $100 award
- Article in The Angelos about you and your design.
- National exposure—Kappa Deltas across the country will receive the seals with your design! They will then send them on holiday greetings and reach even more people!
Please submit your artwork to Kappa Delta Foundation, 3205 Players Lane, Memphis, TN 38125, firstname.lastname@example.org. The winner will be featured on the website and in the Angelos and will win a cash prize. The deadline is May 1, 2016. If you have any questions, please contact Audrey Waggoner, foundation communications coordinator. Good luck!
Click here to see past designs!